Today is my birthday. My last year in my 20's. I won't be one of those women who pretends to be 29 forever though. I can promise you that. I will gladly embrace 30 a year from now. A birthday is a thing to be celebrated for sure. I was never much for pomp and circumstance but now I've seen the other side. I faced the prospect of not having any more birthdays to celebrate and it was terrifying. I've seen people near and dear to me taken well before their time and it's a constant reminder to live each and every day. Anyone who knows me has heard me quote Jonathan Larson's 'Rent' numerous times but I'm going to do it again. "No day but today." I try my hardest to live every day to its fullest. I watch my son grow and discover new things each day and it brings tears to my eyes. Happy tears of course. If you've never seen a child's curiosity and wonderment as they explore, I suggest you find a baby you can borrow for a few hours (with permission of course). It's amazing.
I have always said that there were a couple things I wanted to accomplish by the time I turned 30. I wanted to have at least one child and I wanted to be married. I got the kid thing covered and two months from now I will have the husband part covered too. Never, in my wildest dreams, would I have guessed my life would take the turns and lead down the paths it has but I couldn't be happier for it.
I'm incredibly blessed by a wonderful group of people around me. That alone makes celebrating another year on this earth a wonderful thing. Happy birthday to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment